This article describes how to fix the following message in the Windows Event Log on Exchange Server 2010:
Process w3wp.exe () (PID=xxxx). Object [CN=name,CN=Users,DC=corp,DC=yourdomain,DC=com]. Property [PreviousDatabase] is set to value [yourdomain.com/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Mailbox Database xxxxxxxxxx DEL:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.
To get rid of this warning in the Windows Event Log, this property needs to be cleared. Perform the following steps:
- Log on to the domain controller with administrative credentials
- Start ADSI Edit by executing adsiedit.msc from a command line or the start menu
- From the main menu, select Action → Connect to…
- In the Connection Settings dialog under Connection Point, select Default Naming Context and press OK
- In the tree on the left, navigate to Default naming context [DC.yourdomain.com] → DC=yourdomain,DC=com → CN=Users
- Right-click the affected user (CN=name) and select Properties
- Locate the property msExchPreviousHomeMDB and click Edit
- In the String Attribute Editor, click Clear and then OK
- Apply the changes by clicking OK in the Properties window.
The event logs should now no longer appear for the affected users.